Search This Blog

Human Task ( Payload ) Data Controls not refreshed when change happened in XSD ( BO )

Human Task ( Payload ) Data Controls not refreshed when change happened in XSD ( BO )


I came across the same problem few months ago. When ever I made some changes in BO ( Business Object ) created from XSD  datacontrols not refresh with my new changes .


Example : My  BO contains 3 elements.




ADF Data control :


Important :  when I created project in jdeveloper my complete system folder path.

C:\JDeveloper\mywork\DataControlsApp\DataControl_UI\


Reason why data controls not refreshed ?

Normally developers check in and check out  code on daily basics . Let us consider I check out my code in below system path


C:\JDeveloper\mywork\DataControlsApp\DataControl_UI\

Jdeveloper check before datacontrol refresh :



Step one   --   Open DataControl.dcx
Step Two  --   Open structure panel
Step Three -- Open  Property Inspector


Later point of time  I or my team mates check out my complete code base in some other location in same system or even a different machine let us assume 

D:\Mywork\Project\DataControlsApp\DataControl_UI\

If you see the system relative path in property inspector after Project path change. 


" Oh oh.......... "     --->  Humantask data control still point out to system path 

file:/C:/JDeveloper/mywork/DataControlsApp/DataControlsProject/xsd/DataControl_HumanTaskWorkflowTask.xsd


So no chance  for data control to refresh with new payload .

Solution :

1. Either create a same folder structure like  first created

C:\JDeveloper\mywork\DataControlsApp\DataControl_UI\

                                 or

2. change system relative path from C:\ to D:\ new location .


Best approach I suggest --- Go with First Solution .


Done ..............................................

No more pain .. bit relax ..............

1 comment: